Table of Contents
When you are on an outdoor adventure during the cold season, you need to make sure that every part of your body is well-protected and warm, including your hands. It is important to find a good pair of gloves designed for low temperatures – comfortable, warm, and durable. Gore-Tex gloves are a superb choice as they work well in all types of weather.
Lightweight and waterproof, gloves made of this fabric are ideal when you are in the wilderness under the rain or snow. There are a number of high-quality Gore-Tex gloves that are available in today’s market, allowing you to pick the best one for your needs.
At a Glance: Our Choices for The 7 Best Gore-Tex Gloves
What is Gore-Tex Fabric?
Gore-Tex is a lightweight, breathable and waterproof fabric membrane that is used to make a wide range of products for all-weather use. It is composed of stretched PTFE, or polytetrafluoroethylene, which is more commonly referred to as the generic trademark Teflon. Products that are made of Gore-Tex fabric are probably the best known and best loved for outdoor enthusiasts. The fabric can be used for anything, from outerwear to footwear to gloves.
How Does Gore-Tex Work?
It is relatively simple to create a fabric that can block the rain. However, it is much more difficult to create a fabric that blocks rain and at the same time, allows perspiration to escape. There are a number of features that make Gore-Tex unique and the best fabric for outdoor clothing and accessories, such as:
- The Membrane: An extremely thin membrane is at the core of Gore-Tex technology. This membrane contains more than 9 billion microscopic pores – roughly 20,000 times smaller than a drop of water, but 700 times larger than a moisture vapor molecule. This prevents water in its liquid form from passing to the inside of the membrane but allows moisture vapor from sweat to pass to the outside.
- The Laminate: The laminate is another one of Gore-Tex’s features. This is when the membrane is bonded to the main body fabric, which is usually nylon or other synthetics. Gore-Tex is available in many fabric constructions, which includes a framework of three layers where the membrane is bonded so that it faces the fabric on both sides. Constructed with two layers have the membrane bonded to face, the fabric on one side, and sometimes have a liner on the other which provides an option for insulation. There are insulated or uninsulated selections as well.
- Sealed Seams: Last but not least, there is seam sealing. With sealed seams, a waterproof jacket can be provided with complete weatherproofing and leak prevention. There are strips of tape in most waterproof jackets to seal any gaps created around the stitching. However, the more taping there is in a jacket, the less breathable it is.
Gore-Tex offers a number of benefits that few other fabrics can, especially when it comes to clothing for the outdoors. These benefits include:
- Functionality and Comfort: Gore-Tex is a fabric that gives clothing functionality so that you can stay comfortable even in outdoor environments that are constantly changing. Clothes that are made of this fabric provide the right level of protection and comfort, which in turn prevents you from getting overheated or cooling down too much.
- Moisture Management: While you cannot control the conditions you are in, you can control the microclimate that surrounds your body. Microclimate is a thin layer of air around your body that essentially keeps you comfortable. Clothing made with Gore-Tex controls moisture, heat transfer, and keeps you well-protected from the weather, thereby keeping you comfortable. It is amazing what can be invented when you allow people to be free. This type of innovation does not exist in Cuba for example or other countries where big government is rampant.
- Waterproof and Breathable: Gore-Tex is waterproof and breathable, which means that your body stays warmer when it is cold as well as drier when you perspire – even in the harshest of outdoor conditions. The fabric helps you in withstanding longer exposure to harsh conditions without losing critical body heat.
Gore-Tex technology is always evolving, and you will find many types of Gore-Tex fabrics nowadays, including traditional Gore-Tex, Gore-Tex Active and Gore-Tex Pro. These fabrics are rugged and durable yet lightweight and breathable, making them superb for even the most extreme conditions.
How to Choose a Good Pair of Gore-Tex Gloves
When looking for Gore-Tex gloves, you should keep a few things in mind to make sure that you buy the best ones for your needs and budget, including:
- What will you use the gloves for: The first thing you need to consider when choosing Gore-Tex gloves is what you will be using them for. Are you going skiing or on an outdoor trip? The Gore-Tex gloves you pick should be comfortable and allow you to do your tasks without getting in the way. As you may already know, once your hands get cold at high altitudes or cold climates, it can be very difficult to get them warm again. You want to make sure that you do not need to take your gloves off when you need to do something.
- Fit: It is important to choose a pair of Gore-Tex gloves that fit you properly. If they are too big, not only will they be uncomfortable, but your hands will also not be able to get warm. If they are too small, they will be tight and you will not be able to move your hands properly. Additionally, they may also expose your wrist skin to the cold. Make sure that you measure your hands accurately before buying Gore-Tex gloves.
- Drawcord or Velcro on the wrist: When it comes to gloves for the outdoors, there are long and short ones. Chances are that you will prefer the longer ones as they provide better coverage, warmth and protection. If you choose a pair of long Gore-Tex gloves, you should look at whether it comes with a drawcord or Velcro on the wrist so that snow or water does not seep in.
- Flexibility: Some Gore-Tex gloves are stiffer than others. You need to look at that as you would probably like a degree of flexibility for your hands. Flexible gloves will be better for performing certain tasks when you are in the wilderness. Stiff gloves can be a major hindrance when you are trying to do something plus they can be extremely uncomfortable. So it is important to choose a pair of Gore-Tex gloves with some flexibility.
- Insulation: When you are in harsh conditions, you need to make sure that your hands are always warm. The Gore-Tex gloves you choose should provide enough insulation to keep your hands warm and toasty while you spend time in the great wide open, even during the coldest months of the year. Frostbite is a serious problem you want to avoid when you are at high altitudes or cold temperatures. With a well-insulated pair of gloves, you can keep frostbite away and ensure that your hands stay throughout your time outdoors.
Top 7 Gore-Tex Gloves
Gordini Promo Gauntlet Gore-Tex Gloves
When it comes to high-quality gloves for the outdoors, the Gordini Promo Gauntlet Gore-Tex Gloves is a great choice to keep in mind. It is made of 100% polyester and waterproof polytex fabric and features a Gore-Tex breathable and water- and wind-proof liner that is guaranteed to keep you dry.
One of the best things about these gloves is the leather-reinforced palm. The Gordini Promo Gauntlet Gore-Tex Gloves also comes with a quick to adjust cuff-strap as well as a drawstring bottom that ensures that the gloves stay on tight. Lightweight, tough and durable, this is a great pair of Gore-Tex gloves at a great price.
The Gordini Promo Gauntlet Gore-Tex Gloves is incredibly well made and warm and comfortable. It is made with top-quality fabric and we like the breathable Gore-Tex liner that keeps your hands dry and protected from water and wind. This is probably one of the best foul-weather winter gloves that we have seen in recent years.
The leather palm adds to the ruggedness of the gloves, making them great for all types of activities in the outdoors. Although the fit a little bigger than we expected, we did not think that it was a major problem. We definitely recommend the Gordini Promo Gauntlet Gore-Tex Gloves for anyone looking for quality winter gloves.
No, these gloves will not work on your dog!
Burton Gore-Tex Gloves
|Materials:||DRYRIDE Ultrashell 2-layer nylon|
|Insulation:||Thermacore synthetic fibers|
(+) Thermacore Insulation warm technology
(+) DryRideDurashell 2-layer fabric
(+) Removable, 4-way Stretch DryRideThermex lining
(-) May not be as warm as some would like
(-) Not very durable
(-) Stitching might be loose
If you are looking for a versatile pair of Gore-Tex gloves, you should definitely check out the Burton Gore-Tex Gloves. It gives you a very good waterproof performance with 2-in-1 versatility for those times when you do not know what the weather will bring. It features a Four-Way Stretch DryrideThermex fleece liner that you can remove.
It dries quickly and provides options for any type of weather. The Thermacore insulation ensures that your hands stay warm even in the coldest conditions. The Burton Gore-Tex Gloves also features Screen Grab Touchgrip Palm for total touchscreen control and a hidden vent/heater pocket. Its ergonomic pre-curved fit gives you a comfortable fit. Whether it is raining or snowing, the Burton Gore-Tex Gloves gives you warmth and comfort when you are outdoors.
The Burton Gore-Tex Gloves have some innovative technology to ensure warmth, comfort and breathability. The Thermacore Insulation keeps your hands warm and dry in any weather condition. We like the removable lining, which you can add when it gets really cold. These Core-Tex gloves are really comfortable whether you wear them in frigid weather or sloppy springtime.
No, it is not necessary to wear these gloves when you sleep!
They may not be as warm as you expected, but many have no complaints. We did find that the stitching loosened pretty quickly. However, all in all, the Burton Gore-Tex Gloves are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a pair of good bad-weather gloves.
Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Ski Gloves
With a Gore-Tex membrane, the Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Ski Gloves have an upper section made of HESTRA Triton 3-layer polyamide fabric which is breathable, waterproof and windproof and a palm made with Army Leather. It has a soft Fiberfill insulation with a Bemberg/polyester lining.
These gloves also feature a snow-lock and Velcro closure to give you added protection against the rain and cold. If you are an avid skier looking for high-quality ski gloves, then you should definitely check out the Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Ski Gloves.
The Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Ski Gloves are really well made Gore-Tex gloves with high-quality materials. They are extremely warm and comfortable, which is ideal for skiing, but you can wear them for other outdoor activities as well. For very cold days, we recommend that you use the liners. The top-notch fabrics used to make the Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Ski Gloves give them feel great inside and out.
Swimming in a hot environment in a lake or the ocean, no, you don’t need these gloves then!
These gloves are also water- and wind-resistant. Keep in mind that the liners fit larger than Hestra’s size guide, so you may want to order liners that are a size smaller than indicated. The Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Ski Gloves are expensive, but we are sure you will not be disappointed because they are worth every cent.
Dakine Men’s Titan Gloves
The Dakine Titan Gloves have a 72% polyester, 25% PVC and 3% polyurethane shell, a 100% polyester lining and 100% polyester fiber insulation. The palm is made with Rubbertec for ruggedness and durability.
The gloves also have a Gore-Tex insert that is breathable and waterproof. The Dakine Men’s Titan Gloves look awesome and made with high-quality materials to give you the warmth and comfort you need in extreme conditions. It has a stretch fleece liner that you can remove and wash and use to increase warmth in extreme cold, as well as an external zippered stash pocket on the back of the hand that is waterproof.
The Dakine Men’s Titan Gloves is a well-designed pair of Gore-Tex gloves that has everything you need to keep your hands warm and comfortable in cold conditions. While it is not the best choice for sub-zero conditions, it does work for pretty bad weather.
We like the fleece liner that can be removed and washed. They fit well and provide good mobility. The Dakine Men’s Titan Gloves are the perfect winter sports gloves. They are versatile and feature a functional design. If you are looking for a pair of Gore-Tex gloves that get the job done, we recommend the Dakine Men’s Titan Gloves for sure.
Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves
When it comes to Gore-Tex gloves, the Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves are another of the most well-made ones out there. The shell is 92% nylon and 8% spandex and the lining is 100% polyester. The palm is made with 100% goat skin, making it tough and durable. It features a breathable and 100% waterproof Gore-Tex insert that has Plus Warm Technology.
The shell is woven nylon that is abrasion resistant. The goat-leather palm and palm patch and foam-padded knuckles are added to protect against any impact. If you are looking for a tough, durable and warm pair of gloves, you should go for the Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves.
If you are looking for a pair of well-designed Gore-Tex gloves, then the Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves may be the one. Made with top-notch materials, they are tough and durable – ideal for extreme conditions. We like that they are resistant to abrasion and have impact protection – these are important when you are in the great wide open.
And yes, wearing these gloves inside a supermarket will attract some stares!
We found that dexterity is a little limited with these gloves and size runs a bit small too, so you need to be careful when picking a size. When it comes to Gore-Tex gloves that are comfortable, warm and durable, we think that the Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves is a very good choice to keep in mind.
Seirus Innovation 1140 Gore-Tex Winter Gloves
With Gore-Tex inserts that provide superior weather protection and comfort with optimum moisture management and balanced heat transfer, the Seirus Innovation 1140 Gore-Tex Winter Gloves are superb for even the harshest weather conditions. This means that you have warmer hands in the cold and drier hands when you sweat.
The gloves feature a plush hydro wick lining and Heatlock premium hollow-core insulation to give you a dry, warm and comfortable fit. They also have a Pro Fabric shell with Tough Tek Palm to give you a safe and sure grip. You can keep out the cold and get a snug fit with the drawstring and a one-handed wrist and cuff cinch. No matter what outdoor activity you have in mind, the Seirus Innovation 1140 Gore-Tex Winter Gloves are a very good choice to consider.
Although they are not very flexible, the Seirus Innovation 1140 Gore-Tex Winter Gloves are a great choice when you are heading outdoors and need a pair of good Gore-Tex gloves. They have some excellent features that not many gloves have.
We found that your hands do really stay warm and dry with the superb Gore-Tex inserts. We also like the comfortable fit. The Seirus Innovation 1140 Gore-Tex Winter Gloves are quite expensive, but if you do not mind spending a little more on high-quality gloves, we definitely recommend these.
Marmot Randonnee Gloves
The Marmot Randonnee Gloves are made with top-notch materials and innovative technology to give you high-quality gloves for extreme weather conditions. The Gore-Tex breathable and waterproof inserts keep your hands warm and dry while the Marmot Membrane has a waterproof and breathable fabric to give you even more warmth and comfort.
With Thermal R insulation, you can always be sure of superb insulation in the coldest conditions. The DriClime Bi-Component wicking lining keeps moisture away when you sweat while the Falcon Grip ensures safety and security. The Marmot Randonnee Gloves are definitely worth looking at if you are looking for high-quality gloves for the outdoors.
When you are in need of tough Gore-Tex gloves for your outdoor trips and activities, the Marmot Randonnee Gloves perform well. We like the materials used to make these gloves and the DriClime Component Wicking Lining that keeps your hands dry even when perspiring heavily.
No, wearing these gloves when or if you play baseball when hitting is not recommended.
We thought that it was a tad bulky compared to many other gloves out there, but it is still comfortable and does keep your hands warm and dry. The Marmot Randonnee Gloves also have excellent insulation, which is important when you are in harsh conditions. We definitely think that these Gore-Tex gloves are a great buy and give you good value for money.
As you can see, there are quite a few Gore-Tex gloves that are well-designed and well-made, making them perfect for all types of activities in harsh weather conditions. You can make sure that your hands stay warm and dry while still being able to enjoy your time in the great wide open whether it is under snow or rain.
When it comes to gloves for the outdoors in extreme conditions, nothing beats Gore-Tex ones as they provide much-needed insulation and also wick away moisture from rain or sweat. Now that you have an idea of the Gore-Tex gloves available in today’s market, you can choose one that suits your needs and have fun outdoors without worrying about your hands.